The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Admin / Pharmacist Assistant
VMAM Code: NGAR000184-10629
Host Entity: UNRCO
Expected Starting Date: 15 October 2021
Duration: 12 months with possiblity of extension
Description of Task
- As the project enters into the midterm in which huge procurements are necessary, the NCE unit would like to recruit a procurement officer to assist with the huge procurement that is being anticipated. The Procurement Officer is responsible for the procurement management of the GEF-UNDP Sound Management & Disposal of PCBs in Nigeria project being implemented by the Federal Ministry of Environment, Department of Pollution Control and Environmental Health S/he will provide support to PCB PMU in managing the procurement requirements of works, professional services, and equipments in accordance with the UNDP requirements. The Procurement Officer will work under the direct supervision of, and be accountable to the Team Leader, Nature, Climate Change and Energy Unit.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Within delegated authority and under the guidance of the UN Clinic Health Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Developing, updating and implementing a mission list for drugs and medical consumables, based on generic drugs produced according the World Health Organization (WHO) standards;
- Develops and maintains a system for ongoing inspections of drug safety in all duty station medical facilities;
- Offers day-to-day advice on pharmaceutical issues including evaluating different antibiotics for impact on the local microbiological situation, and secures that mission personnel do not unnecessarily influence the ecological balance through the use of antibiotics;
- Responsible for advising the UN Clinic Health Manager in the specification of drugs to be requisitioned, and for offering a prudent scale of issue for the planning of re-supply;
- Accounting for the applicable medical supplies and equipment according to recommended guidelines;
- Participating in logistics operations pertaining to the management of expired supplies and re-distribution of medical supplies in the UN clinic;
- Follow up in ensuring that supplies contracts are prepared, signed and issued to winning parties.
- Carries out post award activities of establishing import declaration forms and forms of payment to suppliers.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports
- Ensure a proper and safe disposal of hazardous material and medical waste in close coordination with the UN Clinic Health Manager and Nurses and Lab technicians,
- Through proactive planning and facilitation of an unimpeded supply of drugs, medical supplies, medical consumables, vaccines, condoms (male and female) and blood in the field mission.
- Prepare Annual Procurement Plan for procurement of medicines, Diagnostics and medical supplies and follow up on its implementations
- Monitoring the consumption of drugs, laboratory reagents, medical and surgical consumables at the UN Clinic; prepare monthly/quarterly stock reports
- Assisting the health team in the treatment and side effect monitoring;
- Dispensing valid prescriptions and medical supplies to patients of UN Clinic;
- Storing and record keeping of stocks; following international standards
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements
Required Degree Level:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Educational Additional Comments:
- First Level University Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related fields from an accredited universit.
- 24 Months
- The length of technical studies is expected to be at least three years;
- Diploma/certificate in a relevant health-related field, e.g. Public Health, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Economics or equivalent is desirable.
- Computer literate. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of Expertise:
- Pharmacy and Medical Supply
Area of Expertise Details:
- Diploma/certificate in a relevant health-related field, e.g. Public Health, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Economics or equivalent is desirable
- Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th September, 2021.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]