Westsons Limited is a business consulting service that provides support to organization by applying resources to solve complex business challenges; thereby providing a sustainable platform to build value. We provide value-adding solutions by using our extensive repository of knowledge to help organizations meet their objectives.
Accounts Payable Officer
Our client, a reputable company in the upstream oil and gas industry is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Business Type: Upstream Oil & Gas
Department: Finance and Accounts
Reports To: Head, Accounts Payable
The Accounts Payable Officer will provide support to Head of Accounts Payable to deliver efficient accounts payable practice.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support timely payment of corporate supplier invoices, employee claims, and related party transactions.
- Match vendor invoices with purchase orders and goods receipts Notes (or service tickets).
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct cost center and general ledger account codes are used.
- Receives and records all invoices and payment requests and log on to the database for tracking.
- Maintains copies of approved contracts for review against invoices.
- Ensures that remittances of all statutory taxes to the Federal Inland Revenue Service and Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue are completed and to time.
- Ensures that all AP/payment documents are systematically filed for ease of retrieval for at least 7 years.
- Manages ledger integrity by investigation of balances and supplier reconciliations.
- Preparation of weekly performance report on invoicing and payments.
- Regularly monitors the accounts payable aging reports to measure the effectiveness of early payment performance.
- Work with Treasury unit regarding the management of day-to-day liquidity.
- Support month end activities by raising all invoices and completing payment run in the ERP system
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Must be able to deal with multi-currency transactions.
- knowledge in application of ERP Accounting Systems.
- General Applications: Microsoft Office packages
- Exposure to accounts and supplier reconciliations
- Knowledge of taxes applicable in Oil and Gas industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance related field.
- Professional accreditation (ACA, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years post-graduation experience, preferably in the role of account payable officer.
- Upstream Oil and Gas experience is preferable.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.