Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accounts Officer – Costing
Ref No: Okpella-F&A-0007
Location: Okpella, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Category: Finance / Account
- Assist in coordinating DCP’s cost accounting, cost of sales analysis, product costing and variance analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate production data including raw materials consumed in production, production quantity, down time, etc.
- Generate variance analysis of planned vs. actual activity rates and standard prices on a monthly basis and investigate variances.
- Plan standard product costs including cost of activities for each month based on approved actual values for the previous month.
- Perform period closing and related activities for product costing.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory liability accounts.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Allocate costs for central or joint expenditure to relevant cost centres in line with DCP’s cost allocation policies.
- Allocate direct operating and overhead costs across products for the purpose of evaluating and controlling product pricing, profitability, and trends.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- 3 – 6 years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
- Career Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply