Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WATSAN Technician
Contract: 208 working hours per month with flexibility required
- MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
- Currently, MSF is running 1 ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the KofarSauri PHCC and 5 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including 4 in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, GubiMagaria and Riko) and 1 in Katsina (KofarMarusa).
- There is ongoing plan to implement additional ATFC in Mashi and Mani LGA.
- Supporting the Watsan Supervisor in the implementation, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting of Water Hygiene Sanitation activities and infrastructure in the project according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
- Carrying out tasks directly related to the Watsan activities such as construction and maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control.
- Assisting the Watsan Supervisor in Watsan data collection and reporting, as well as maintaining updated files and records of assigned project activities
- Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need of renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption.
- Ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of the Watsan structures and when applicable, of the medical facilities.
- Identifying, recruiting, training and supervising daily labourers or hygiene agents for Watsan activities
- Informing the Watsan Supervisor of any difficulties, anomalies and problems that may affect the normal functioning of activities and tasks in his/her area of responsibility.
- Technical Certification or proven background, desirable specialization in water and sanitation.
- Previous experience in technical works.
- Fluency in English (Read, Speak and Write), Hausa and Fulfulde (fluently speaking) required.
- Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Team work and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
According to MSF France salary grid .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation
Application Deadline 5:00 PM, 22nd November, 2021.