Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Engineer (Fiber, OSN, DSS, DWDM)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- This function Control, Manage and Support day to day transmission operations and management of the fiber network, Tellabs and OSN Dxx / DWDM network operations to ensure an optimum network availability, excellent customer experience, delivering Operational excellence with most cost optimized model in the world.
- Day to day management of all national and Metro fiber, Huawei ODN/DWDM and Tellabs Dxx / DWDM Network Operations & Maintenance with Strategic Partners(SPs) to deliver optimal availability and Perpetual quality ( Customer).
- Regulatory Compliance; ensure that all activities of Operations and Maintenance in the central and Region adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations.
- Partner & Contract Management; ensure all processes for effective management of Partners.
- Build a capable and motivated team at Airtel to create a high performance team environment.
- Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP( Process Management).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Telecoms Engineering (Masters Degree in Engineering a plus).
- 5 -7 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 4-6 years managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company with at least 4 – 5 years hands on experience in various fiber network implementation and Huawei OSN/DWDM and Tellabs SDH
Skills & Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Tactical disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply