International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Electrician
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Job type: Full-time
Overall Purpose of the Function:
- The primary function of this position is to provide specialized electrical artisan skills and knowledge to the shift team, and to support the operations, maintenance of the brewing plant and to perform and assist in problem-solving
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations.
- Assist as a functional expert in problem-solving.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate PS techniques.
- Partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Process Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Complete the administrative tasks relating to any running repairs carried out as per CMMS requirements.
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem-solving or escalate to the Maintenance Controller for direction
- Take part in the maintenance planning meetings, contributing suggestions, and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance outage in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Main Planner
- Partake in maintenance postmortems to feedback problems, opportunities, and learnings from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication, and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems
- Minimum of a Diploma / OND in Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 Years Experience within a Brewing FMCG industry
Traits & Competencies Required:
- A motivated individual with high levels of resilience and the ability to operate in a high-pressure environment Commercial Acumen with strong planning & financial management skills
- An innovative thinker, persuasive, assertive and a good negotiator
- Ability to set high standards and bring the team along to achieve the standard expectation.
- Ability to implement the People business processes to lead, motivate, and develop employees
- Exceptionally organised
- A high degree of self-discipline
- Able to influence work to be carried through others.
- Highly developed analytical skills with excellent problem-solving capability
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership and management capability.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
- Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the closing date above
Application Deadline 5th January, 2022.