Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician, Automation
Ref No: JR1039111
Location: Ogba, Lagos
Contract Term: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
- As the home of iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, at Diageo we source, produce and deliver 6.5 billion litres of world-leading products every year across 180 markets globally. Because of this huge undertaking, we rely on highly advanced systems as well as the very best talent to make sure our businesses continue to run smoothly.
- To give you some idea of the scale of our operation, over half of our 30,000 employees work in our supply chains.
- We have teams in over 100 sites across more than 30 countries, but what matters is that wherever you work, you’re part of a diverse, inclusive team where there are opportunities for everyone.
- Whether you work in planning, logistics, technical teams or manufacturing, you’ll be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation. We set ourselves the highest standards, and our practices have earned us international recognition.
- And it’s people with energy, dedication and problem-solving skills who’ll help us get even better. In return, we offer a world of opportunities for you to explore, to shape and progress your career.
About the Role
- The Electrical Technician Automation role is responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost-efficient manner.
- The role is also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives, providing maintenance and continuous improvement skills to deliver and improve on safety, quality, delivery, productivity, cost, deliver and improve performance targets in safety, quality, service and asset care, maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk, apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance, completion of Preventative maintenance activities, observe and ensure compliance to safe systems of work and Effective use of maintenance systems data.
For you to succeed in this role you need the following skills.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner
- Deliver best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence
- Manage spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Demonstrate flexibility in terms of availability, attitude and work practices, and assist colleagues in breakdowns, maintenance and solving problems on their equipment.
- Support site in ensuring power systems and lightening controls and maintenance
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PPMS/EISC to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Accountable to ensure all assigned Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules are carried out at the defined frequency and completed to the required standard.
- Coach operators to perform autonomous maintenance tasks, machine set ups optimisation and support growth in equipment capability as required.
- Support capital work, including installation, commissioning and testing within area as required. Responsible for feeding into early equipment management.
- Make full use of SAP – SAP reporting & recording completion.
- Understands and uses MMS principles tools and techniques, contributing positively to MMS ITFs
- Compile and communicate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition monitoring sheets, etc.
- At all times adhere to Diageo health and safety, environmental and food safety standards, and work to all applicable legislative procedures. Responsible for Safe Systems of work.
- Maintain a safe and organised workplace environment through adherence to the Safety and 5S MMS practices
- Provide Asset Care Technician resource (electrical and mechanical) to the Operations team
- OND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering and others as applicable or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in motor controls and lightening maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team-based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- Proven skills and experience in Bottling principles and processes, SHE principles and procedures, electrical control principles and ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance, and problem solving
- Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
- Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply