Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Scholarship Scheme
Course(s) Offered: Several fields
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters)
Provider: Nigeria LNG Limited
Country to Study in: UK
The Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme, launched in October 2012, is an overseas programme aimed at supporting the emergence of indigenous experts, professionals or entrepreneurs especially; but not exclusively, within the oil and gas industry.
The post graduate scholarship program is part of NLNG’s Community Development programme which aims to contribute to long-term socio-economic development in its host communities and Nigeria at large.
The Nigeria LNG Limited is pleased to call for applications from qualified candidates into the NLNG Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2016. The Scheme is now currently administered by British Council Nigeria.
Prospective beneficiaries must:
– Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Medicine, Information Technology and Law
Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
– Have completed the National Youth Service Corp programme
– Be no more than 30 years of age
– Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
– Provide identification documents from their Local Government Areas
– Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2016
– Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2016 if selected
– Not be a spouse, child nor ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
Citizens of Nigeria only.
Selected leading universities in the United Kingdom. Scholarships are available in the following 5 UK Universities:
– University of Aberdeen,
– University of Cranfield,
– University of Leeds,
– University of Strathclyde, and
– University of Liverpool.
Fields of study
A wide range of courses is covered by this scheme, including:
– Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology)
– Engineering (Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
– Law (the various specialist areas)
– Medicine (the various specialist areas)
– Environmental Studies
– Management Sciences (Economics, Accountancy, Banking & Finance)
– Information Technology
Please note that scholars will NOT be allowed to work during their studies. They will be required to concentrate on completing their studies during the specified time duration and return home. However, engaging in course related internships are encouraged during the course of study where appropriate.
Number of Awards
The number to award is not specified. However, the number of awards and allocation may vary per year.
The first 10 beneficiaries and second 13 beneficiaries left to the United Kingdom for their studies in 2013 and 2014 respectively. The first and second sets of beneficiaries have completed their studies and returned to Nigeria. The 2015 set of 15 beneficiaries has commenced their programmes in various UK universities.
This award is tenable for programmes in top academic institutions in the UK. It covers the whole duration of the one year masters studies in the UK
The Scholarship will cover your full tuition fees and contribute a monthly stipend towards your living expenses. The scholarship is valued at between $60,000 and $69,000, depending on the course
Method of Application
To apply, you must fill in the Application Forms completely and correctly. Visit the scholarship page http://www.nlng.com/Our-CSR/Pages/Scholarships.aspx and click on Apply here for 2016 PG Scholarship to start. If you are having issues with the online registration form, please note:
Username must be all CAPS
Password must contain, CAPITAL LETTER, small letter, num3ric, and any of these(-.,/*).
All requested documents must be attached.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship offer.
Application deadline is midnight on Sunday, 19th June, 2016. Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
Potential beneficiaries of the programme must have completed the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) programme.
Candidates whose applications are successful will be invited for interviews. Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview. Applicants are therefore advised to be on the lookout for the short list on the NLNG website.
British Council Nigeria is responsible for administering the scholarships scheme. Please note that due to the large number of applications, the Council is unable to enter into correspondence with applicants and will contact only those who are successfully shortlisted.