Under the guidance of the Finance & Admin Analyst UN OCHA and direct supervision of the Logistics Clerk UN OCHA, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the UN OCHA operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary Of Key Functions
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services;
- Proper use of vehicle;
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle;
- Availability of documents/ supplies.
Ensures Provision Of Reliable And Secure Driving Services By
- Driving office vehicle(s) for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items; and
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Intra – city and state – to – state travel ( road trip).
Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely oil change, tyre checks, brakes, car washing, etc.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Impact Of Results
The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers);
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers);
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers).
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Fluency and knowledge of English.