The Imo State Government invites applications for the position below in one of its Schools of Nursing within the state:
Job Title: Head, School of Nursing
[sc name=”ads” ]
- He will responsible for the delivery of high-quality students by keeping abreast of changing standards in the industry.
- The Head, School of Nursing will be primarily responsible for providing quality leadership, academic and administrative directives to the entire school of Nursing.
- Consequently, he/she will be entrusted with the responsibility of creating a safe learning environment and sets performance goals for both students and lecturers.
- He/She will be accountable for the overall professional responsibility for the development and delivery of the vision, values, objectives and strategies of the institution.
- Compliance with ethical and regulatory principles of Nursing Practice
- Continuous monitoring, evaluation and assessment of programmes and students and teachers
- Continuous improvement in course design, development, teaching and Nursing practice
- Continuous maintenance of current knowledge and skills in theory and practice based on the best evidence available
- Ensure the accreditation of all courses offered by the institution
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in Nursing in the educational sector
- Experience in Nursing and training
- Knowledge of regulatory imperatives both in the educational system and the health sector
- Knowledge of how to transform strategies into concrete actions
- Knowledge of how to apply information and knowledge to support decisions
- Advanced knowledge of and understanding of contemporary practices in the higher institution and health sectors
- A good knowledge of the University system
- Knowledge of course design, development, teaching and Nursing principles and practice
This opportunity provides competitive compensation for interested candidates with the right skill set, experience and qualification.
[sc name=”ads” ]
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents (Credentials) to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Please ensure your CV has your skills, experience and qualification.
Application Deadline: 15th July 2021.