The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State, Nigeria was established in March 2007 under a Federal Government of Nigeria Initiative to build a specialized University to produce unique high level manpower and relevant expertise for the Oil & Gas sector in Nigeria and worldwide. The Act establishing the University was enacted in 2017.
In keeping with the provision of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1993 as amended in 2003, 2007 and 2012, and in exercise of its powers contained therein, the Governing Council wishes to commence the process of filling the vacant position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Effurun, Delta
- The University Librarian as a Principal Officer shall be in-charge of the University Library and its constituent units. He/she shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the operations and management of the University library.
- For this key management position, the University seeks candidates who are innovative, versatile, proactive with excellent managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should have the ability to generate innovative ideas that would facilitate the development of the library.
- Candidates must possess a good Doctorate Degree in Library Science from a recognized University with adequate publications in learned journals.
- Applicants must also be computer literate.
- Candidate must have had at least fifteen (15) years of post-qualification, full- time, cognate experience in a public University, the last five years of which must be as a Deputy Librarian.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of University Librarian of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria / Governing Council as appropriate
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a single term of 5 years.
- Fringe benefits include a pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Thirty (30) copies of their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting, among others, the following:
- Full Names
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address
- Cell Phone Number, Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Names of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Professional Qualifications
- Employment Records
- Statement of Experience
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names & Addresses of Three Referees, one of whom must be immediate employer or supervisor.
All Applications should be submitted by courier service under confidential covers in sealed envelopes marked “Post of University Librarian, FUPRE” to reach:
The Office of the Registrar,
Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
P.M.B. 1221, Effurun,
Note: Each applicant must have three (3) Referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their Referees’ Reports under confidential cover by courier service directly to the Registrar via the address above
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2022.