The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager Exams, Nigeria
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Pay band: 6
Contract type: Indefinite
Department: English and Exams
- The purpose of this role is to enact business development across various products and services, including building relationships, identifying needs, and enhancing opportunities with key accounts to meet business-related targets.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- The role holder will undertake regular quality checks, provides feedback, and implements plans and targets for products/services relative to Market needs with Commercial Development Manager as the primary focus is business pursuit.
- Undertakes regular quality checks and reviews, following agreed corporate or relevant external protocols, to monitor the quality, consistency, and effectiveness of service/product delivery.
- Oversees the quality of customer experience on the ground, reviewing with the Operations Manager and feeding into reporting
- Coordinates and organizes contact with stakeholders – e.g., meetings, conference slots, sending targeted marketing or thought leadership materials, etc.
- Provides updates on B2B/Sales forecast, actively manages pipeline, and drives demand in the Financial Year and for the following year.
- Plans and prioritises country’s operational activities, and supports team development towards effective delivery of services
- Delivers income and margin surplus targets, ensuring new and existing business is operationally feasible and commercially sound working with Finance input/support
- Pulls together and provides Customer and Market intelligence to identify opportunities and works with Commercial Manager to prioritize lead generation.
- Analyses clients’ needs and tailors value propositions with expert support where needed. Input into Global Innovation and Business Development strategies working with Cluster Commercial Manager
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Relevant work experience in a BD Manager role
- Demonstrable experience to sustain and/or grow a product/service in line with strategic priorities for income and impact
- Experience collecting and analyzing client/stakeholder feedback
- Takes a pro-active approach to identifying ways in which service can be improved, and takes these forward
- Degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Business development experience in the E&E sector
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
NGN 9,185,747.00 / Annum
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th June, 2022. (23:59 Nigeria Time)
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]