Virgin Atlantic first took to the skies in 1984 to shake things up, bringing a sparkle of red, a touch of wit and a passion for flying to the grey world of airlines. We fell in love with creating the best experience in the skies for our customers, and they fell in love with us right back.
Since then we’ve become Britain’s second largest carrier, with non-stop transatlantic routes including New York, Orlando, the Caribbean, Delhi and Johannesburg. And thanks to our hugely successful joint venture with Delta, Air France and KLM, we can seamlessly connect our customers to over 350 cities across North America, Europe and the UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Airport Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Hours: Full time
Contract: 24 Month International Assignment / FT
- This is an airport role so does require flexibility to work operational hours where required
- If you are a dynamic leader who is driven by challenge, undeterred by obstacles, and committed to furthering standards of excellence we would love to see your application.
In a nutshell:
Have you ever thought about an International assignment?
- Ever wanted the opportunity of living and working in a different country? The chance to learn about new markets, culture and traditions, working in a multi-disciplined Leadership role with great exposure and breadth.
- We are seeking an established forward-thinking Airport Manager to support our Lagos operation.
- You will be responsible for the overall business unit, including, the airport and all related functions within that facility.
- Accountability and ownership is a major function of this position supported by your successful delivery of critical metrics and financial performance.
- Compliance is paramount so you will adhere and comply operationally and administratively with UK/EU/Nigerian regulating agencies.
- You will interact with all levels of staff within the Virgin Atlantic Airways (VAA) organisation and its sister companies under the Virgin brand as well as all governmental bodies in Nigeria.
- You will showcase effective leadership skills and will be committed to and focused on leading our people and supply chain management.
Day to day:
- Accountable for maintaining safe and secure work environment.
- Your passion for the customer ensures you drive the delivery of superior customer service.
- An ambassador for VAA who is quintessentially responsible for ensuring a differentiated and ‘Red on the Outside’ customer experience.
- Support and participate in the negotiation of vendor and service provider related services. Manage third party suppliers to not only deliver but exceed the agreed metrics in SLA’s, corporate service standards, and revenue generation targets.
- Objectively review the station to ensure compliance with legislation and corporate procedures.
- Train and lead teams in irregular flight operations (IROP), participating and designing comprehensive and effective contingency plans for safety, security and emergency procedures.
- You will role model our values, and this is evident in the recruitment, development and training of your management team.
- Overall budgetary responsibility for the Airport inclusive of continual efforts in reducing costs while providing a high level of service.
- Do you pride yourself on being a motivational Leader with the ability to coach and mentor a team? Do you role model a professional demeanour, maintaining the highest levels of discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy? You will also be highly organized, prioritizing and handling multiple projects, with impeccable attention to detail.
- We don’t expect you to be an expert but sound system knowledge including automated check-in and all aspects of ticketing, fare rules and regulations would be beneficial. We love people who have a roll your sleeves up approach to pitch in with your team when it counts.
Skills for success:
- To be able to work within a supplier based delivery chain.
- Calm and composed under pressure
- You will have great initiative and discernment with a demonstrated ability to make quality decisions.
- Flexibility when required – no two days are the same and this may involve out-of-hours work with or without advance notice.
- This role will include an international assignee package including international healthcare and UK benefits including pension and bonus
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
- You’ll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values
Application Deadline Thursday, 19th May, 2022.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]