Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021. This is a guarantee of safe and quality healthcare that meets international standards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Radiographer
- This role is responsible for producing quality diagnostic images that will assist clinicians in patient management.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Set up examinations rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready
- Operation of radiologic and magnetic imaging equipment to produce images for diagnostic purposes
- Review and evaluation of developed x-rays, video tape, or computer generated information to determine suitability for diagnostic purposes.
- Liaise and work with other medical and non-medical staff to ensure quality care is given to patients
- Prepare and administer oral or injected contrast media to patients.
- Operate fluoroscope to aid physician to view and guide through area of interest during surgery
- Prompt incidence reporting and management of patients’ grievances
- Participate at the Hospitals’ CME’s and quality improvement activities
- Comply with the use of standard operating procedures and policies
- Monitor patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physicians
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during procedure
- Collaborate with other medical team members, (physicians and nurses), to conduct special procedures.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of self and patients’
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Patient positioning and immobilization on examining table
- Imaging equipment positioning and adjustment of controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination
- Ability to key commands and data into computer to document and specify scan sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Radiology or its equivalent.
- Registration with the Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria with valid practicing license.
- 1 year experience in a related role.
- Computer literacy
- Working knowledge of x-ray equipments, including fluoroscopy and mobile units.
- Working knowledge of CT Scanner
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]