Wema Bank offers a range of retail and SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, trade services and financial advisory to its ever-expanding clients. In 2009, the Bank underwent a strategic repositioning exercise which culminated in a decision to operate as a commercial Bank with regional authorisation in South-South Nigeria, South-West Nigeria, Lagos and Abuja
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
- A Treasury Dealer works directly under the leadership of the Treasurer. Primary duties are to select the best short-term investment strategies to place (invest) daily cash surpluses on securities exchanges and in private placements.
- Deepen the Bank’s interbank trading activities on financial market to achieve greater market coverage as well as profitability.
- Understand the trend in the financial market space (both Local and Global) to take adequate opportunities arising there from
- Monitor, analyse and accurately interpret the effects of local and global market developments on the financial market.
- Attend to counterparties/customer’s enquires and requests.
- Documentation and booking of all transactions sealed in the Financial Market
- Preparation of monthly Reports for regulatory Authorities
Key Performance Indicators:
- Business Volume and visibility on Trading
- Accuracy of Deal execution and appropriate Reports generation
- External and Internal customer satisfaction
- Zero infractions from Trading activities
- Compliance with DPL and other trading limits
- Integrity and credibility
- Regulatory Compliance and
- Decent Trading income in line with the approved budget.
Qualification is as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of these fields – Engineering, Economics, Accounting and Computer Science (Numeric Skills)
Skills & Personality;
- Very Analytical
- Composed and Organized and presentable
- Ability to communicate effectively and work closely with relevant business units
- Effective team spirit.
- Attention to details
Years or experience:
- 2 – 3 years minimum Experience