UBA’s has more than 65 years of providing uninterrupted banking operations dating back to 1948 when the British and French Bank Limited (“BFB”) commenced business in Nigeria.
Team Member, Transaction Monitoring
- To carry out ongoing monitoring of accounts in line with extant regulations and internal policy to identify and report suspicious transactions to the requisite statutory authorities.
- To manage and support the bank’s Compliance Risk Management strategy in ensuring that the Bank’s AML and Counter Financing of Terrorism’s effort are in line with the Group standards and international best practice.
- To carry out enhanced due diligence reviews to prevent the Bank from being exposed to the risk of sanctions and associated financial/reputational loss that the Group may incur as a result of failure to comply with regulations
- Ensure capacity building of staff to improve Compliance culture in the bank.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Use of Actimize for Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM).
- Sanctions Screening Compliance.
- Money Remittance (Western Union & MoneyGram) Transactions Monitoring.
- Compliance Investigations, Reporting and Returns Rendition.
- Response to Request for Information (RFI) from Correspondent Banks.
- Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience in Operations, Internal Control or Audit & Compliance, External Auditing and Risk Management.
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies & procedures.
- Deep understanding of the Bank’s Products, Services and Processes.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Good investigative skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, power point etc.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills.