United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Relationship Officer
Job type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire talented and experienced individuals with relationship Management experience in a commercial bank for our branches in all 36 states in Nigeria.
- To establish and maintain positive customer relationships towards the growth revenue for the bank.
- Approach customers with the aim of winning new business
- Meet with existing customers to strengthen business relationships with a view to increase financial growth of the bank.
- Aggressively market the bank’s products to ensure favorable market response and optimum build-up of revenue.
- Achieve set deposit targets / Contributions by acquiring business / investment deals from Private, Public, Individuals and Corporates.
- Prepare documentation on the creation of risk assets to increase business office profitability
- Sell / Cross-sell and Upsell the banks products.
- Market the brand.
- Follow up customers with dormant accounts, convince to resume dealings with the bank.
- Implement marketing strategies / programs laid out by the bank to boost profit.
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Manager.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness
- First Degree in any relevant course of study with a minimum qualification of Second Class Lower.
- Should have 2- 7 years relationship management experience or work in a commercial bank
The ideal candidates must also be conversant with the following:
- Basic knowledge of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Marketing, Selling and Cross Selling
- Knowledge of current business trends and CBN Regulatory laws
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Business development and acquisition
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or services would best serve those needs.
- Excellent Communication skills – oral and written.
- Must be self-driven, and have a passion for Marketing.
- Good Relationship management skills.
- Confident and possess excellent Networking skills.
- Must be Strong, Tenacious and Persuasive.
- Strong Selling / Marketing skills.
[sc name=”ads” ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV with the role as the subject matter to: email@example.com