Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HR Officer will assist with the management and delivery of several HR initiatives under the project in Rivers.
- The HR Officer provides high level support to the HR, Business Lead across a broad range of HR functions and responsibilities. This position is based in Rivers State.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordination of HR benchmarking activities, collation of data, accurate and timely submissions
- Keeps the HR, Business Lead informed about project status and issues that may impact HR service delivery or project outcomes
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions;
- Monitor, coordinate and provide guidance in the resolution of business-related problems with project staff and other subcontractors;
- Follow-up on timesheet and leave matters.
- Collect and collate required data/documentation for the health insurance scheme and group life insurance scheme
- Manage project risk and escalate issues to the appropriate level when needed
- Prepare personnel action records (PARS) for Finance action informing of any payroll additions and/or changes. These personnel actions include new hire, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- Lead the recruitment process with tasks such as preparing shortlists, scheduling of interviews, and conducting reference checks.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks;
- Other ad hoc duties consistent with the position as requested by the HR, Business Lead.
- BS / BA Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 2 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft and deliver timely quality evaluation reports.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in any local language in the project state will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the local communities, cultures and geography of the State.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title (HR Officer)” as the subject of the email.
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity
Application Deadline 12th October, 2020.