Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Governance Consultant
Job ID: 60929
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
Job Sector: Banking
- To work directly with the Head of Governance to fulfil her role. In addition to this, the incumbent is expected to ensure that the Company adopts the highest standards of corporate governance; that each subsidiary company board is properly constituted, functioning properly and recording its activities.
Board and Board Committees:
- Ensure that each board and all board committees function in terms of their mandates.
- Monitor all board papers and minutes. Maintain record of important agenda items such as dividends, changes in capital, appointment and resignation of directors, opening / closing points of representation, and special resolutions.
- Provide induction and training to non-executive directors on their duties and responsibilities when serving on the board of the Company, in line with International Best Practice.
- Ensure all mandates and policies with relation to Corporate Governance are in place, updated regularly and reviewed annually. Where necessary obtain group approval.
- Follow up and make sure that all necessary governance processes are complied with in respect of the appointment and resignation of directors.
- Ensure that annual reports are prepared and contain commentary on corporate governance, risk management; social and environmental issues and that they include reports by managing director and board chairman.
- Research on corporate governance-related trends.
- Maintain a register of correspondence from Regulator and other stakeholders; monitoring and follow up to ensure that all requirements are met / complied with.
- Act as Secretary to the Board and Board Committees as may be assigned to me by the Head of Governance.
- Assist with the preparation of Section 52 and 55 Applications for submission to Registrar of Banks covering the formation of any new subsidiary companies and ensure that correct governance processes are followed and all necessary board and regulatory approvals are received and recorded. Once approved follow up and ensure compliance of all conditions of sanction.
- Maintain record of, and update information regarding capital; shareholders etc.; and ensure that copies of regulatory documents are held such as Memorandum and Articles of Association; Certificates of Incorporation; Certificates of Increase in Share Capital; Particulars of Directors; and Annual Returns etc.
- Attend to other specific projects as requested by the Head of Governance
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law required or relevant tertiary qualification with a comprehensive understanding of principles of corporate governance practices and conduct.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a banking or company secretarial environment
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply