Financial Reporting Officer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting Officer
Job ID: 61794
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
Job Sector: Banking
- To ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of General Ledger as a basis for the preparation of financial and management reports.
- Preparation of financial reports
- Provide management and other stakeholders with timely and accurate financial
- Custodian of General Ledger and Chart of Accounts.
- Recording entries in the general ledger
Being the custodian of General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, and the repository for all Financial and Management information for the Bank.:
- Effective ownership and management of balance sheet substantiation across the Group
- Implement processes and procedures to safeguard the bank’s resources and financial integrity.
- Maintain an overview of subsidiary entities
- Monitoring all Balance sheet and Income Statement account movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions are taken timeously
- Reviewing of monthly general ledger reconciliations to ensure that outstanding items are timeously cleared, resultant entries processed and the amounts reflected in the general ledger appropriately supported
BSS substantiation/AssureNet (BDC & SINL), Preparation of group daily dashboard (income statement and balance sheet), Proactive in resolving issues identified on review of account proofs:
- Group daily dashboard to be ready by 10 am daily.
- Monthly proof of GLs must be ready BD 10
- No aging items in intercompany GLs-(reimbursable items)
Preparation of financial reports, coordination of external and regulatory audits:
- Preparation of requisite schedules for the annual audit
- Ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are timeously met, including preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts, Group Accounts, result publication and Statutory Annual Financial Statements.
- Coordination of financial statements audits – IFC audits, regulatory, and statutory audits.
- Perform detailed review and analysis of the country numbers to confirm the integrity and resilience of reported results.
Provide technical accounting support to businesses:
- Provision of Technical Advice and Accounting support to other Functional Units
- Ensure maintenance of and adherence to Group accounting policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Finance, Accounting or Mathematical Science
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or relevant accounting/ finance qualification
- Minimum of three years experience in finance (financial/statutory accounting)
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting.
[sc name=”ads-2″ ][/sc]
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
[sc name=”telegram” ][/sc]