Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
Contract End Date: June 30, 2021
- The Finance and Admin Officer’s (FAO) job is to ensure smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information and also work on designing and implementing financial reports.
- The FAO ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems.
- He / she also manages the budget for the state field office/project, develops and implements Helen Keller financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with other Finance and projects technical staff to facilitate projects.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments with valid and adequate supporting documents in place, ensure all transactions are coded in accordance with chart of accounts and project charge code(s)
- Review staff retirement documents, receipts and reports.
- Tracking program activity budget on real time and communicate variance appropriately
- Manage petty cash for Lagos office expenses
- Preparation of office running budget
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Monitor donor budget and prepare all necessary donor reports and submit to Finance Manager for review and approval.
- Assist with month end reporting package
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management in collaboration with Logistics Officer(s).
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Process payments to partners, consultants, and vendors with invoices after obtaining appropriate authorization and approvals
- Coordinate program event planning activities. This includes venue, accommodation, transport, and per diem arrangements for large number of participants
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into Helen Keller Quick books
- Maintain financial files and records
- Manage transport vendors and ensure accurate completion and submission of vehicle log and invoices
- Coordinate local vendors to obtain quotations, coordinate invoicing for procurement.
- Support various technical meetings/workshops with the preparation of training materials and meeting documents (printing, binding and organizing/filing).
- Coordinate receiving of procured items, organize for branding where necessary and ensure GRN and Service completion forms are signed.
- Receive project related correspondence and writing official letters to partners as required.
- Ensure WHT is deducted from vendors’ payments and remitted accordingly.
- Provide logistics and travel support to staff during NHL activities and also support other projects in the organization
- Maintain the assets register
- Submit monthly staff time sheets for payroll processing
- University Degree in Business Management or Accounting. Postgraduate degree in related field and possession of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- Understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Minimum 4 years’ management experience
- Experience with USAID / DFID funded project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use accounting software is an added advantage. (i.e. QuickBooks)
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and experience working in a non-profit organization will be an advantage;
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring / assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good standard of IT including experience of using MS Office
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send a comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as one MS Word document to: email@example.com using the “Position title” as the subject of the email.
- You will receive an auto response confirming your application. Note that applications will not be accepted after the closing date
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position
Application Deadline Monday 16th November, 2020 by 5:00PM