Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars – Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management. Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007.
Career Area: Engineering
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
- The Database Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of Databases.
- The Database Administrator carries out responsibilities in some of the following technical areas: Creating and maintaining all databases required for Production, Disaster Recovery, development and testing usage, Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances, etc.
- Performing in conjunction with system administrators, the capacity planning required in creating and maintaining the various databases for the use of the Bank. Performs failover of databases as required for disaster recovery. Ensures space availability for database growth.
Improve customer experience
- Achieve a minimum annual Business Survey (i.e ISS) rating of 8 out of 10
- Ensure not more than 5 significant incidents occur every week
Revenue Generation and Cost Reduction
- New cost saving and revenue generating initiatives implemented by the Business as a result of insights from IT value driven metrics
Establish a control framework that guarantees visibility and reliability of our franchise
- Resolve exceptions before due dates
- Ensure there is no vulnerability
- Emergency changes should not exceed 10% of total changes
- Successful DR exercises
- First degree
- Minimum of 3 year post qualification experience in a similar or related position