Administrative Officer at The MurtalaMuhammed Foundation (MMF)
The MurtalaMuhammed Foundation (MMF) is a non-profit organization, founded on the ideals of the Late Gen. MurtalaMuhammed, a former Head of State of Nigeria (1975-76). The MMF has long been recognized as a pioneer of democracy, policy advocacy, education, human rights, women empowerment, disaster relief and betterment of lives of Africans.
[sc name=”ads” ]
Reports to: Human Resources / Head of Operations
- This candidate will act as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
- The candidate will be required to work in and out of the office, managing daily office operations, provide support, and complete clerical tasks of all types.
Manage Office Documents and properties:
- Sort and file documents, deliver in-office mail and memos, and review documents for errors before they are sent out of the office.
- Organizing and managing schedules and calendars for staff, managers, and senior-level officers
- Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment, and requisitioning new equipment and supplies as needed
- Ensuring office supplies are maintained, including checking inventory and working with vendors to ensure adequate levels of necessary supplies at all times.
Report writing and communication management:
- Write regular/periodic reports and give presentations of various types, including income and expenditure reports, budgeting reports, donation lists, applications on info emails etc.
- Creating reports and memos for managers and senior-level officers as needed
- Receive and process communication channels, including email, phone, and physical mail.
Attend to Customers:
- Welcome and attend to customers and clients who visit the office in person, receive incoming customer phone calls and emails.
- Attend to customers queries and concerns.
Scheduling Appointments and Meetings:
- Schedule Appointments and physical/virtual meetings, make booking arrangements for conference and meeting rooms where required
- Attend meetings and record notes and messages for managers and senior-level officers when required.
Operations / Logistics:
- Handle procurement and logistic processes on behalf of the company,
- Offer assistance in organizing events, including ordering materials and requisitioning meeting spaces
- Operation and maintenance of generator and power supply to the office building
- Ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of officer internal and external environment
- Hiring maintenance vendors to repair or replace damaged office equipment.
Maintain Employee Database:
- Maintain the employee database for the office by identifying staffing gaps and following up on new employees to ensure they are performing their duties well.
- Assisting human resources department with payroll. personnel databases, job postings and siftings/interviews
- Conferring with the accounting department to help make payments, process incoming invoices, and verify receipts.
Coordinate Travel Arrangements:
- Come up with travel application processes
- Make travel arrangements by purchasing tickets, coordinating schedules, travel itineraries/logistics, hotel stay, etc.
- Ensure timely completion of financial and other administrative audits.
- oversee department budgets
- Confer with accounting department to make payments, process incoming invoices, and verify receipts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Management or any related course (2:1 preferably)
- Minimum of 3 years ofproven experience working as an Admin office
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn how to use standard office equipment, such as fax machines, modern phone systems, and copy machines
- Prior experience using spreadsheet software, including Excel
- Comfortable working independently when needed, or as part of a team.
- Customer service–Ability to properly manage stakeholders satisfactorily
- IT savvy and Knowledge on the use of standard office equipment, such as fax machines, modern phone systems, and copy machines
- Organization–Put together relevant processes to allow for organization and quick access to files/documents and required information.
- Multi-tasking– must possess the ability to juggle many daily tasks and responsibilities
- Communication skills–must be able to communicate excellently and clearly with clients and all office staff, and relay information in a way that others can easily understand.
- Work Tools – In addition to general office equipment and tools, the candidate must know how to work with offline and online software:
- Microsoft (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Internet (web browsers, email, social media sites)
- Ability to drive and possession of a drivers license will be an advantage.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to send their updated CV to: email@example.com using the Position as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted.