Nigerdock is a leading Nigerian maritime group with operations in port terminal services, ship repairs and EPC fabrication. The company is located at Snake Island Integrated Free Zone in the main port of Lagos and serves customers in the shipping, logistics, marine and energy sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payables Accountant
- To record, reconcile and report vendor transactions
- Aid monthly management reporting
- Ensure all Supply Chain Management Functions are adhered to and delivered efficiently and effectively
- Liaise closely with Supply Chain and Treasury Departments on vendor issues;
- Ensure detailed accurate records are kept for all vendor transactions both in soft copy within the ERP system and in hard copy;
- Produce a weekly report on vendor invoice processing status.
- ERP system and accounting procedures:
- Ensure vendor invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner:
- All incoming invoices to be logged within 24 hours;
- All correct invoices to be processed into the ERP system and notified to vendors within 5 working days;
- All incorrect invoices to be notified to vendors within 5 working days;
- Ensure all vendor account balances in the ERP system are reconciled with the vendor cyclically (at least once per quarter for all active vendors and once per month for key vendors);
- Maintain good relations and communication channels with vendors; respond in a timely manner to any issues or queries arising;
- Provide documentation for vendor payments to the Treasury Department in a timely manner;
- Pro-actively participate to develop the ERP system and ERP reporting to meet financial reporting and control requirements for payables;
- Participate in the development of accounting policies and procedures relating to payables.
- Qualified Accountant
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with ERP / Accounting software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply