Website Egbin Power Plc
EGBIN POWER PLC, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria
EGBIN POWER PLC, Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Black Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Plant HSE Supervisor
- Coordinate the Implementation of QHSE requirements in all jobs and situations around the plant assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership to all plant safety officers, ensuring that their duties are properly performed.
- To carry out periodic safety inspection tours of the plant, record findings and follow up with Head QHSE for closure.
- Maintain an incident log of all incidents minor or major within the plant and fashion out mitigative measures while following up with action parties for quick closure.
- Be involved in all incident investigations within the plant and maintain a detailed report of all UAUCs.
- Be involved with employee and contractor induction trainings, toolbox talks, confined space works and general permit requirements for the plant.
- Ensure the implementation of QHSE contractual requirements by all contractors performing jobs around the plant.
- Provide weekly hazard status report of the assets, indicating the extent or effectiveness of closeout actions.
- Develop innovative programs to assist with the propagation of the Egbin QHSE philosophy and pledge.
- Carryout related duties as shall be assigned from time to time by The Head QHSE.
Education and Work Experience
- Prospective candidate must possess B.Engr., BSc or HND in Science or Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic.
- Must have at least 7 – 10 years cognate experience.
- Must have NEBOSH IGC, ISPON level 3 and lead Auditor certification in either of ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001: 2015 or ISO 9001:2015.
- Membership of professional bodies like ISPON, IOSH, WSO is an added advantage.
- Certificate courses in other related fields is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a self-starter, great team player with good report presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, hazards identification, job hazard Analysis.
- Ability to work flexibly within a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have good communication and people engagement skills.
- Do not pay for any job position
- Do not pay for any job training
- Do not give away anything of monetary value
- Authentic jobs do not ask for money from candidates