By admin on December 5th, 2016 in Educational Jobs in Nigeria
Job Title: Assistant Laboratory Technologist
African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID)
Job Location:Redeemer’s University
Position Description: We are seeking a motivated person with outstanding laboratory experience, and a passion for global health to facilitate and advance a teaching and applied research program studying pathogens that cause febrile illness.
To that end, ACEGID is looking for a highly skilled, mature, and energetic individual to assist the Genomics Laboratory Technologist undertake day-to-day tasks related to ACEGID genomics laboratory. The assistant lab technologist will work at the Redeemer’s university campus. He/She will be critical to the success of the overall World Bank ACE and H3 Africa projects. The individual will work closely with the Lab technologist, staff and laboratory personnel of the Redeemer’s university, as well as students and faculty members from West African partners, researchers at Harvard University, and the Broad Institute in Cambridge, MA.
· Assist ACEGID Laboratory Technologist
General monitoring of the lab activities and work with PM in maintenance and enforcement of
general laboratory safety.
· Specimen/sample collection and registration
· Familiar with and able to work with oligosynthesizer
· Work in tandem with hospital staff to identify study subjects according to protocols
· Collection of Informed Consent and processing
· Process samples in a laboratory setting
· Ensure cold-chain maintenance
· Perform assays and laboratory procedures, Polymerase chain reaction analysis, Pathogen microscopy such as malaria, Lassa, and or Ebola virus
· Research, studies and development of new methods in control of pathogens
Qualifications: The ideal candidate MUST possess a B.SC. Degree in Microbiology or related field, have at least 3 years experience in genomics research, ample experience working in laboratory settings, must have experience in genomics research of malaria, Lassa fever, and Ebola virus, must have hands-on experience in malaria microscopy, ELISA assay, DNA, and RNA sequencing, qPCR and RTPCR, and extensive laboratory safety training in levels 1-4
Method of Application:
Closing Date: December 16th, 2016
Contact Name: Adebayo Amao, Project Manager
Contact Email: email@example.com
How to Apply:
Apply online and also submit your résumé and cover letter to Adebayo Amao (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 16th, 2016.
Closing date: December 16th, 2016