Role is Pay band 1 / Posts are in Lagos and Abuja/Indefinite term contract/vacancy is open to internal and external staff/applicants must have pre-existing right to work in Nigeria.
We are looking for two (2) Professional and Dynamic individuals to join our pool of drivers in delivering professional driving services/experience.
If you are interested in being a part of a multicultural organisation with dynamic teams spanning six continents, then welcome to the British Council, the UK’s cultural relations organisation.
We create international opportunities for the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide. We have teams and offices in six continents and over 100 countries bringing exciting international opportunities to life, every day. Each year we work with millions of people, connecting them with the United Kingdom, through our work in English, the Arts, Education and our ways of living and organising society. We have over 75 years’ experience of doing this.
The Role Driver – Abuja and Lagos.
Support the provision of secure transportation of personnel and resources for British Council in accordance with the Organisation’s policies and standards.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Ensuring vehicles are serviced and well maintained in line with the service schedule and that periodic routine vehicle checks are made and that defects and damage are reported promptly.
- Carrying out driving and transportation duties in relation to travel bookings, activities, event management and maintain vehicle log books, journey and fuel records.
- Clearly communicating transport arrangements and any changes to transport users.
- Excellent customer service delivery as the first point of contact to British Council visitors and UK colleagues at the airport.
- Report to the facilities team when not driving and provide proactive support to administrative duties and quality customer care related duties. Also carry out routine mail dispatch service as may be required.
We Are Looking For Someone With
- At least three years’ experience in similar role (covering key elements of this job).
- Right professional conduct.
Please refer to the role profile for more information on the role, its responsibilities/accountabilities and person specification.
Please follow the links for relevant document to support your application.
As part of the recruitment exercise, shortlisted candidates will undergo recruitment tests in Lagos and Abuja.
Interviews will also be held in Lagos & Abuja only.
Closing date for applications is 11th January, 2017 (23:59 UK time)
Note that you should only fill out the application after thoroughly reading through the ROLE PROFILE & GUIDANCE NOTES. There’s some important information you don’t want to miss.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect diversity of our society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks.
Pay Band: Locally appointed Grade E Region: Sub Saharan Africa
Like and Share on social media