Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
Job Title: National Transportation Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Function: Supply Operations
Type of Job: Employee
Reporting Location: Ikeja Brewery
- Our performance ambition calls for us to create the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world; this requires us to ensure the right transportation and Warehouse management assets and processes are in place and maximised to support delivery of GN annual performance targets.
- Works across the breweries, depots, Supply, Demand & Procurement teams to improve logistics process effectiveness and efficiencies
- Manage GN Customers and all 3rd party logistics service providers (40+) using business specific metrics
- Responsible for Optimising Logistics network in line with company route to consumer strategy.
Purpose of Role
- Provide Leadership for the national transport team and accountable for driving all key strategic and improvement initiatives within GN logistics business to create enhanced value and competitive advantage to both GN and all our strategic trade partners.
- Optimisation of Distribution networks
- Shipment of Sales orders
- Fleet availability in line with business demand
- Empties availability for Brewery operations
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Drive and implement all GN’s strategic initiatives on transportation management process with both internal stakeholders and 3rd party haulers, including cost reduction initiatives in logistics operations, pallet and empties utilisation to achieve target savings.
- Efficient management of transportation for all outbound logistics to deliver business goals as well as management of all empties requirement for production.
- Develop a framework for logistics capacity and capability building to meet all future business/market trends.
- Drive and implement all GN’s strategic initiatives on component inputs into New Products Developments, products renovation, and planned consumer promotions.
- Effectively manage GN contract arrangement for suppliers of crates, bottles and pallets in areas of adherence to delivery plans, quality, quantity, new bottle conversion and delivery to end-users using agreed metrics to measure performance.
- Effectively manage GN contract arrangement in transportation, loading/offloading and with trade partners through effective performance management, SLAs and proper liaison.
- To effectively manage all current and future logistics haulers so as to guarantee optimum vehicle utilization, improved turnaround time, journey times etc.
Policies Highly Relevant to the Supply Function
- Environment Policy, Quality Policy, Anti-corruption Policy, Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Corporate Security Policy, Employee Alcohol Policy, IMS Policy, Anti-discrimination & Human Rights Policy
- In addition, the Company has 15 (fifteen) global policies and a Code of Business. These policies are available on the Compliance and Ethics page of Mosaic.
- It is your responsibility to be fully aware of the policies when you commence this role and if you have any questions for clarification, please consult your Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification. Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Supply chain strategy, logistics and customer management/process redesign and development.
- Change management and ability to translate commercial insights into performance.
- Proven ability to persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and functions.
- Strategy focused analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills within a highly dynamic process environment.
- Planning and orchestrating available resources. Excellent coaching and relationship building skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply